Wednesday 1 May 2013

Live Below the Line - Day 4

Today has been the hardest day so far. I'm tired, hungry, light headed and forgetful. I am finding myself behaving strangely. I've been watching KFC adverts and thinking 'that looks lovely'; on a few occasions now, a massive bucket of chicken, and then a weird battered wrap thing with sauces and cheese. I bet it's not even nice?! I haven’t even had a KFC for about 5 years and I'm not that bothered about them. I was sniffing into the doorway of Greggs in town yesterday. I want bad food, it's funny how depriving myself of pretty much everything, meat, fish, dairy, sugar, caffine... makes me crave things that wouldn’t even cross my mind if I was eating a normal everyday diet.. Except wine, I really want a massive glass of wine... I cannot wait for Friday and wine.


Today I had Leek and Potato Soup for lunch, it was nice, I can't get more excited than that, and it worked out at 49p per serving. I'm definitely losing enthusiasm for my menu. Especially looking at the kitchen bench and the ever depleting tiny pile of food. It now consists of some flour, half a bag of lentils and an onion. That's all... so that's supper tomorrow then. Luckily I have soup pre made for lunch tomorrow and I've made a Chickpea Carrot and Butternut Squash Curry for supper tonight, working out at 35p per portion. Thank goodness for spices, it would be a pretty dull 5 days without them...

6 comments:

  1. Well done! I wish I'd bought some chick peas and not two cans of kidney beans! Good luck with your last day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too! It's been pretty difficult even though it's only 5 days. I'll not be bothered if I never see a flat bread again!

      Anna x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been following your blog on the Live Below the Line with interest. I had thought about it but thought it would be impossible... I am very impressed with your efforts - well done!
    I would be interested in your recipe for making flatbreads - you make them sound so easy to put together.
    Good luck for the last day and Friday wine!
    Anneli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm going to put all the recipes on line next week for people to use. Can't wait for that glass of wine!

      Anna x

      Delete
  4. I attempted to comment on this but for some reason it didn't let me - second attempt!:
    I've been following your blog on Live Below the Line with interest - I had heard of this and wanted to have a go but thought it would be too hard. You are doing amazingly well - well done!
    I am curious as to what recipe you use to make your flatbreads - you make it sound so easy to make them each day!
    Good luck for the final days and a well deserved glass of wine!
    Anneli

    ReplyDelete

Happy cooking! Let me know if you make any of my recipes, send a picture, and let me know any of your own recipes and tips! Anna x